08 Nov The Best Pumpkin Soup Ever
Guys! Guys! Guys! We found the best pumpkin soup recipe, and we are not even kidding. Found on this website… and test-made by Kelly! Omnomnom.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Yields 3 1-cup Servings
• 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
• 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
• 4 tbsp. Butter
• 1/4 medium Onion, chopped
• 2 cloves Roasted Garlic, minced, or raw garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• 1/2 tsp. Pepper
• 1/2 tsp. Freshly Minced Ginger
• 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. Coriander
• 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
• 4 slices Bacon
• ~3 tbsp. Leftover Bacon Grease (from the bacon)
• Freshly Grated Parmesan
• 2 tbsp. Sour Cream (per serving)
1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter and let it melt completely. You want it to darken into a golden color.
2. Dice the 1/4 medium onion, mince the 2 cloves of roasted garlic, and mince 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger.
3. In a small container, mix together all of your spices so you have them together. 1/2 tsp. Salt, 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1/2 tsp. Freshly Minced Ginger, 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. Coriander, 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg, and 1 Bay Leaf.
4. Once the butter has turned a dark golden color, add onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan and stir well. Let this saute for about 2-3 minutes or until onions start to go translucent.
5. Measure out 1 cup of pumpkin puree and set aside.
6. Once onions are translucent, add spices to the pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add pumpkin puree to pan and stir into the onions and spices well.
8. Once the pumpkin is mixed well, add 1 1/2 cup chicken broth to the pan. Stir until everything is combined.
9. Bring to a boil and then turn to low, let this simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Once simmered, use an immersion blender to blend together all of the ingredients. You want a smooth puree here so make sure you take your time. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
11. In the mean time, cook 4 slices of bacon over medium heat. Use a grease catcher to keep the mess off of your stove-top.
12. Once the soup is ready, pour in 1/2 cup heavy cream and the grease from the cooked bacon (this should be around 3 tbsp.) mix well.
13. Crumble the bacon over the top of the soup. Optional: Serve with chopped parsley and 2 tbsp. sour cream.